The new, 100% handmade Artway Cotton-Rag paper packs are a fantastic addition to our Indigo handmade range. Each pack, being handmade, is entirely unique in tone and grain, though overall the paper is a mid-rough texture and a heavyweight 250gsm. For a unique and beautiful surface for your creative ideas, these paper packs are unmatched.
Suitable for watercolour, and all painting uses, as well as all dry and soft media - for oil painting, the surface will need to be prepared with gesso. Each sheet is individually handmade and features a fully deckled edge.
Created entirely by local artisans in Northern India using traditional paper-making methods, and available in a range of paper sizes from A1 to A5, (natural variations in paper size and shape will occur between sheets due to the handmade nature of the product), the Indigo Handmade Cotton-Rag paper comes in packs wrapped in recycled paper. It is also 100% acid-free with a neutral pH and internally gelatine sized.
Create your artworks using a unique, beautiful surface with Artway Indigo Handmade Cotton-Rag paper.
- 100% handmade Cotton-Rag paper, 250gsm - each sheet is unique
- Available in A1, A2, A3, A4 & A5 sizes - all of which are approximate, due to the unique, handmade nature of each sheet
- Packs vary from 50 to 20 sheets, depending on the size
- Mid-rough surface texture, deckled edge
- Suitable for all dry and soft media as well as all paint types
Please Note - These papers are traditionally sized with a weak gelatine solution (1%). This is an animal derivative and sadly not vegan friendly. We are however currently working on this with local craftspeople towards future resolution