New, bargain, clearance price for these great quality Artway paint brush sets. Perfect for any painting using thicker mediums, such as oil paint, the strong, thick bristles of a Hog Hair paint brush can hold and distribute thick paint colours much more effectively than a softer grade hair such as sable, which is typically used for watercolours. Available in three styles:
- Filbert - the curved, or oval, tip of this brush is particularly suited to fine gradations of colour, and has traditionally been used in figurative painting for smooth colour blending.
- Flat - the tip of the Flat brush is much wider than it is thick, with a straight edge, making it perfect for large, expressive strokes and some degree of finer line, if used edge on.
- Round - the densely packed long bristles and pointed tip of the round brushes in this set make them ideally suited for detail work.
As with all Hog Hair brushes, the thick, stiff fibres allow you to hold a large amount of paint - perfect for large areas of colour mixing and gradients - turned edge on, they are also able to lay down some degree of finer line. The long handle, finished in a beautiful dark brown hue, allows paint to be applied from a distance, perfect for less detailed areas of your artwork.
As Hog brushes are typically used with oil paint or gesso, or thicker mediums, you should preferably use solvent to clean your brushes, as opposed to water.
Share your paintings with us on our social media channels:
- Packs of 3, long handled hog hair paint brushes - now at an even cheaper clearance price
- Filbert: sizes 2, 6 & 12 / Flat: Sizes 3, 8 & 14 / Round: Sizes 6, 14 & 22
- Long wooden handle in dark brown finish, perfect for painting at a distance
- Stiff, thick bristles, suited for thicker mediums - oil paint primarily
- Clean with solvent for a long lasting brush