Mixed set of 6 quality synthetic nylon hair and natural hog bristle brushes with long handles.
A selection of long handled brushes in a variety of shapes and sizes derived from our extremely popular and highly rated short handle premium brush series.
This is the perfect starter set catering for all of your essential needs when considering working with long handle brushes. The greater length of handle helps to get further away from your painting surface providing space and room for more extravagant and gestural mark making. Ultimately they enable you to paint across larger surface areas from a wider field of vision - less for detailed work and more for wider sweeps, mark making and coverage.
This set contains:
- 2 x Round brushes - size 6 Nylon (5mm at the opening of the ferrule) & 14 Hog Bristle (8mm at the opening of the ferrule)
- 2 x Flat brushes - size 3 Hog Bristle (8mm at the opening of the ferrule) & 6 Nylon (18mm at the opening of the ferrule)
- 1 x Fan brush - size 8 Hog Bristle (7mm at the opening of the ferrule)
- 1 x Chisel brush - size 8 Nylon (17mm at the opening of the ferrule)
The nylon hairs used in our brushes are finely graded and trimmed for accuracy. Being man made these synthetic filaments are:
- More resilient and less prone to damage during normal operation when using paints and solvents across a variety of surfaces
- They are easier to clean than natural hairs being smoother and more regular in construction
- They are better suited to acrylic paints being able to resist its more caustic nature
Artway natural hog hair brushes use bristles produced as a by-product of the food and fur industries - no animals have been specifically harmed for the purpose of brush making. Natural bristles have distinct advantages over nylon haired brushes:
- The irregular nature and stiffer construction of the bristle means that it can support and hold greater quantities of paint
- A greater range of more textured marks can be produced
- They are better suited to heavier paint applications particularly when using oils or impasto acrylic painting
Both styles of brush feature distinctive painted and waxed handles which help to provide long term protection and assist with cleaning.
To shield the hairs and bristles during transit each brush is treated with a water-soluble sizing to provide a stiffness and resistance to being knocked. This should be washed away under water (and with brush soap if you have it) prior to your first application.
- Mixed set of quality synthetic nylon hair and natural hog bristle brushes with long handles
- Premium handle construction and presentation
- A variety of shapes and sizes for an increased range of mark making
- Highly suitable and adaptable to all your painting needs