The Artway Gold Leaf Kit contains all the essential materials for gilding in a variety of art or craft applications. Prepare, apply, varnish and protect your gold leaf with these essential supplies.
Gilding is an incredibly satisfying craft and far easier than you may think to get started - here are a few simple steps to help you on your way:
- Firmly press the glossy side of a sheet of wax paper against a sheet of gold leaf - the static between the two will bond them together
- Place the leaf over a pre-sized adhesive area (the adhesive must be lightly tacky - not wet) and make contact. Only apply adhesive where you wish to apply the leaf. For intricate and detailed areas use the small round Artway brush supplied.
- Remove carefully leaving the gold leaf bonded to the adhesive
- Continue until all the gold leaf has been removed from the wax paper
- Repeat until you have the coverage you require
- Use the hardboard squares as a ground, on to which designs can be applied for gilding
- 25 leaves of Imitation Gold Leaf
- Size Adhesive - 60ml
- Artway® Soft Brush - 1.5"
- Artway® Soft Round Brush
- Shellac Varnish
- 3 x 2mm Thick Hardboard Squares - 240mm x 240mm
- Waxed Sheets x 5
*Please Note : We reserve the right to substitute items on a like for like basis subject to availability. (And in most of these cases - which are quite rare - when we run low with certain items, you normally get an upgrade for free!)